Tuesday 13 August 2013

Back on the Road Again

Hello everyone! We're finally under way again with posting commentaries on the summa theologiae of Thomas Aquinas. It's been a long break - for which I apologize - but the last year has been quite difficult and busy. I thank all of you who have held my family in your thoughts and prayers.

I've just had a very refreshing week in the Peak District of Derbyshire. A glass of wine in one hand and the Treatise on Human Nature in the other; I feel it is time to get going again!

This treatise, among other things, describes a systematic human psychology. However, one has to work quite hard to extract it from the format that Aquinas uses for the summa. I'll try to extract bits of it question by question in the "Handy Hints" and "Difficulties" sections of each question commentary and will write a systematic exposition (rather like the Introduction to Metaphysics linked off the sidebar) when we get to the end of the treatise.




2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back! Like I said last time, this blog is an amazingly useful reference. I have several guides to the Summa on my Amazon wishlist, but I haven't had need of them because your blog covers it so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you, that's very kind! It's good to be back in the saddle.

    ReplyDelete